Lines Open Now
Lines open again 8am
Lines open 8am - 8pm, 7 days
Call us FREE 0808 801 05500808 801 0550

Support for people in the Licensed Trade affected by terrorist attacks

If you have been affected by terrorist attack, whether that's damage to your home or premises, or loss of income because your workplace is closed we can help.

In the first instance call our FREE helpline on 0808 801 0550 (8am-8 pm, 365 days a year), our experienced advisors can talk you through the next steps.

We can help through:

  • A wide range of free, practical advice
  • Short term personal financial hardship grants*
  • Grants to replace personal damaged items*
  • Support with educational needs for your child if your income is affected*
  • Rent/deposit for temporary residential accommodation*

* Please contact us to discuss this further as we will assess each case on an individual basis.

We have also compiled a quick checklist of available help and information below. 

Quick checklist:

Loss of earnings

This could be because of:

  • Your place of work is out of business due to criminal damage, ongoing investigation etc.
  • contact your Pub Co or Brewery for further guidance.
  • You are injured or unable to work due to stress
  • you might be able to receive Statutory Sick Pay (check this with your employer) or
  • a hardship fund if you are not eligible for Statutory Sick Pay This is a payment for people unable to work as a result of crime and not eligible for SSP. You must be referred by Victim Support in order to receive this payment. 
  • claim on income protection policy if you have one in place.
  • If you are not eligible for SSP or payments from the Hardship Fund, contact the Jobcentre Plus on 0800 0556688 to claim Employment and Support Allowance. This is a benefit for people unable to work because of illness or disability.

Regardless of the reason, if unable to work please contact your local Jobcentre Plus for advice on benefits you might be entitled to in order to assist you in this difficult time.

Your local authority will be able to assist with Housing Benefit or Local Housing Allowance to help with your rent if you are on a low income due to loss of earnings. Local authorities can also help via local welfare provision in an event of financial crisis due to an emergency.


  • Rent arrears - Are you eligible for a hardship grant? Call Licensed Trade Charity free helpline: 0808 801 0550
  • Loss of income - Are you eligible for benefits? Call Licensed Trade Charity free helpline: 0808 801 0550
  • Grants and benefits available to you Turn2us helpline 0808 802 2000 (9 am-8 pm Mondays-Fridays),


Recognising the terrorist threat

For the government guidance published by the National Counter Terrorism Office visit:


Managing the risks from terrorism

For the information on: business continuity and security, fire safety, CCTV visit:


London Bridge and Borough Market attacks, June 2017: support for people affected visit:


Manchester attack, May 2017: support for people affected visit:

How to respond during a terror attack - advice for pubs 

You can find useful information in this Morning Advertiser article here:

Mental health support

If you are worried about your mental health as a result of the attack please see this NHS trauma leaflet 

Victim Supportline

Victim Support is currently operating its 24/7 Supportline, offering emotional and practical support for anyone affected by the attack.

The number is 0808 168 9111 and is free to call.

Victims’ Information Service

Victims’ Information Service is a national information line helping victims of crime to get information on local support available across England and Wales.

The information line will also provide immediate emotional and practical assistance when needed, while focusing on directing you to local support as quickly as possible.

The phone number is 0808 168 9293 and it is free to call.


Having to evacuate your home

  • Call 999 if trapped in your accommodation
  • Emergency evacuation from local council and emergency services. Click here to find your local council


  • Local council emergency accommodation, you will be a priority need. Click here to find your local council
  • Shelter Housing Advice 0808 800 4444
  • Hardship grants for temporary accommodation, call LTC helpline: 0808 801 0550


Rented accommodation

Whilst waiting for repairs:

Home owner
If you have insurance, contact your insurance and keep your own records of the damage caused by terrorist attack. The Associate of British Insurers provide guidance on home insurance.

If you don't have any insurance, call LTC helpline: 0808 801 0550 to find out if you are eligible for a hardship grant.


  • Report electrical hazard or power cut call 105
  • Gas leak - national gas emergency number 0800 111 999


Further Help:

Association of British Insurers

Leading trade association for insurers providing advice on dealing with insurance claims and protecting yourself

0207 600 3333 or visit

Citizens Advice

Provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice on a range of issues from income to housing.

See local telephone directory for your local CAB


National charity that helps people in financial hardship gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services.

Helpline 0808 802 2000 (9 am-8 pm Mondays-Fridays)

Shelter Housing Advice

Provide assistance with all housing related problems, from finding you a place to sleep to suggesting how to handle mortgage arrears.

0808 800 4444 Monday to Friday 9am and 5pm.

Food Standards Agency

Provides food safety advice

020 7276 8829 or visit

Back to News